Andreas Koutsoudakis is a co-founder of KI Legal Personal Injury. With a diverse range of experience in various legal areas, Andreas is uniquely equipped to serve personal injury clients with unparalleled expertise.
Throughout his career, Andreas has achieved notable success in litigating slip/trip-and-fall claims, motor vehicle accident claims, and assault cases. His track record speaks to his ability to offer top-notch guidance and representation to his clients. Andreas firmly believes that there is always a solution, and he consistently shares this motto with his clients. He prioritizes keeping clients well-informed about the progress of their cases, guiding them through their individualized legal journey, and devising creative and innovative solutions tailored to their specific situations.
In addition to his proficiency in personal injury matters, Andreas has demonstrated his skills as an advocate and negotiator in commercial litigation, labor and employment disputes, and civil rights cases. He has represented individuals and businesses in both federal and state courts, including navigating complex governmental audits and investigations by esteemed entities such as the U.S. Department of Labor Wage & Hour Division, the New York State Department of Labor, the New York State Division of Human Rights, the New York City Commission on Human Rights, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Andreas' exceptional legal abilities have been recognized by his peers, as he has been named to the prestigious Super Lawyers New York Metro Rising Stars list for Employment Litigation Defense multiple times, including in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022. This honor is bestowed upon only 2.5% of attorneys in New York, highlighting Andreas' outstanding skill and dedication to his clients. Additionally, Andreas and co-founder Michael Iakovou were proudly inducted into the Greek America Foundation's esteemed 40 under 40 class of 2022, recognizing their professional achievements and commitment to philanthropy. Andreas is an active member of the Hellenic Lawyers Association, where he shares his passion for law and his Greek heritage with like-minded legal professionals.
- St. John’s University School of Law, Queens, New York, LL.M. (Bankruptcy)
- St. Thomas University School of Law & Business, Miami Gardens, FL, J.D./M.B.A.
- Pace University Lubin School of Business, New York, NY, B.B.A.
- New York
- New Jersey
- New York State Unified Court System
- New Jersey State Court
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Professional Licenses & Affiliations
- Greenwich Village-Chelsea Chamber of Commerce, President (2021-2022)
- New York City Hospitality Alliance, Corporate Partner, Industry Advocate, Red Apple Restaurant Member (Present)
- Miami Hospitality Alliance, Co-Founder
- Greek (fluent)
- Spanish (conversational)
Publications and Media Appearances
- Total Food Service, “Koutsoudakis Led Firm, KI Legal, Brings Legacy of Restaurant Industry Experience to Metro NY’s Hospitality Community,” June 2023
- NY Daily News, “Injured Firefighters Plan Suit Against NYC Over Closing Firehouse Before Near-Deadly Blaze,” June 2023
- The Arthur Aidala Power Hour, 6-29-23, June 2023
- WCBS NewsRadio, 1010 WINS, June 2023
- Staten Island Live, “3 FDNY Members Hurt Battling Staten Island Blaze Plan to Sue NYC Over Closed Firehouse,” June 2023
- Law360, “Law360’s 2023 Hospitality Editorial Advisory Board,” May 2023
- Food Service Overview and Current State of the Industry, ESTIATOR, June 2015
- Work/Life Balance for Lawyers: Myth or Reality, The New York County Lawyer, July/Aug. 2012
- What to Expect from a U.S. Department of Labor Investigation, ESTIATOR, Mar. 2012
- Magistrate Judges: A Primer for Young Lawyers, NYSBA, Young Lawyers Section, Electronically in Touch, Feb. 2012
- A Visit from the U.S. Dept. of Labor May Mean Visits from other Dept.’s also, ESTIATOR, Dec. 2011
- Law Update: New York Wage Theft Prevention Act of 2010, ESTIATOR, Feb. 2011
- Lost or Damaged Shipments, and Your Rights, KPHTH, Nov. 2010
- Antitrust More than a Century After Sherman: Why Protecting Competitors Promotes Competition
- Economically Efficient Mergers, 34 U. DAYTON L. REV. 233 (2009)
Awards & Accolades
- Hellenic Lawyers Association, Member
- Thomson Reuters® as a New York Super Lawyer Rising Star (2013 - 2016, 2019 – 2022)
- Greek America Foundation’s 40 Under 40 (Class of 2022)