- Small Business Owners (of All Industries)
Areas of Practice
Evan N. Rogdakis, is a partner at KI Legal in the Trusts and Estates Department. Throughout his career, he has worked directly with families and business owners to transfer various assets including real property, investments and closely held businesses beyond the current generation. Furthermore, he has counseled clients and other professionals through the intricacies of planning for and administering one’s estate, ranging from a traditional will to the implementation of an intentional gifting strategies to reduce a family’s estate tax liability.
Evan’s experience includes serving 15 years as Director of Financial Planning at a large multi-office Wealth Management and Insurance firm, and during law school, clerked for The Honorable John M. Czygier, Jr., Surrogate of Suffolk County. In addition, Evan has had the privilege of serving on the Executive Board of the Suffolk County Estate Planning Council as well as the New York State Bar Life Insurance and Employee Benefits Committee.
With a proven track record of implementing successful estate plans for his clients with the succession of their business, Evan’s past work includes intrafamily distribution of ownership during life and at death, as well as the implementation of buy-sell agreements between unrelated parties on legal, financial, insurance and business succession planning. This has included estates and businesses ranging from nominal amounts to those in excess hundreds of millions of dollars.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning – Wills, Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts
- Asset Ownership and Structure
- Asset Protection
- Review Proper Insurance Structure and Ownership
- Gift Planning Techniques and Implementation
- Charitable Gifting Option
- Business Succession Planning and Buy-Sell Agreements
- Key Employee Retention & Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Central Islip, NY, Juris Doctor
- Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY. Business Economics
- New York
- New York State Unified Court System
Memberships & Affiliations
- Suffolk County Estate Planning Council, Executive Board Member
- New York State Bar Life Insurance & Employee Benefits Committee, Board Member
- English Sign Language