Skip to Content

Alert for F&B Operators: File With the SLA for Outdoor Alcohol Service

Photo courtesy of the Boston Globe

Over the summer, the New York State Legislature passed a bill effectively allowing the State Liquor Authority to continue permitting bars and restaurants to serve alcohol in their outdoor dining areas for another year; the outdoor areas include both sidewalk and roadway seating – as allowed under the NYC Department of Transportation Open Restaurants Program. 

Although the law simplified the application process with the SLA, which previously had been riddled with delays and complicated procedures, it did impose different filing obligations. In order for bars and restaurants to continue serving alcohol in their outdoor dining areas, they must comply with said filing obligations on or before October 5th

Here is what operators need to include in their email to the SLA:

  1. Send the email to: 
  2. Include your main license serial number in the subject line 
    1. Licensees will not need to wait for a response to their email notice
  3. Attach a copy of the municipal permit or other written authorization providing permission to use the municipal property
  4. Attach a block plot diagram showing the municipal property that has been incorporated into your licensed premises 

Here is the link to the official guidance: 

Founded by attorneys Andreas Koutsoudakis and Michael Iakovou, KI Legal focuses on guiding companies and businesses throughout the entire legal spectrum as it relates to their business including day-to-day operations and compliance, litigation and transactional matters.

Connect with Andreas Koutsoudakis on LinkedIn.

Connect with Michael Iakovou on LinkedIn.

This information is the most up to date news available as of the date posted. Please be advised that any information posted on the KI Legal Blog or Social Channels is being supplied for informational purposes only and is subject to change at any time. For more information, and clarity surrounding your individual organization or current situation, contact a member of the KI Legal team, or fill out a new client intake form.

The post Alert for F&B Operators: File With the SLA for Outdoor Alcohol Service appeared first on KI Legal.
Share To: